Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Crazy Life

Just a little update for any of you that may be wondering why the Rexburg Roundup suddenly went quiet.  

Back on July 3rd our basement apartment flooded with city sewage (this was before the city-wide flood a couple of weeks later). There was a backup somewhere in the main sewage line on our street and because our basement was the lowest on the block, we got to enjoy a little bit of everyone in our bathroom. Because of the layout of our apartment, the bathroom flood quickly spread and contaminated every room except the kitchen. 
After a long day of plumbers, city workers, and disaster clean up crews, we moved into a hotel. The sewage line was repaired, but we have been left homeless. When the semester ended for my husband we decided to move across the state to live with my in-laws.  We were extremely sick of living in a hotel and the rebuilding and restoration was just taking too darn long. The Rexburg flood and the resulting boom in the disaster clean up business has only slowed the process. I am sure that a lot of people in town are dealing with the same frustrations. 
So, we are living in the Boise area until the end of August while our apartment is torn apart and put back together.
Being without my personal computer (its a desktop, so it stayed home) makes it hard to blog, and our lack of normal routine and privacy also makes it hard to make time to search out coupon matchups.  I know it may sound silly, but I am having serious couponing withdrawals. I feel so out of touch and miss the rush of getting a smashing good deal.  

And that is why I haven't done any Weekly Deals Roundups for a while. 

So bear with me. I think life will be back to normal by the beginning of September. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment