Tuesday, October 7, 2014

New App - SNAP by Groupon

There is a new app called "Snap" that our friend, Talia, introduced me to. I have been waiting to post about it until I tried it out first. Today I got my first cash back offers approved so now I am good to share it!




It works like Checkout 51 in that you can redeem cash back offers from ANY store in the U.S.A. or Canada. Simply buy the product listed and "snap" a picture of your receipt within 2 days of buying it. Then, after your snaps are approved you will get the amount credited to your Snap account. Once you reach $20 you can "cash out" by requesting a check.
What makes this app BETTER is that you can redeem offers multiple times. Our friend, Ylh, recently posted in our Facebook group and asked if Ibotta lets you redeem offers more than once. Sadly, the answer was no. Now we can! If you see an offer you love check the fine print because unless it states a limit you can redeem it more than once. 

For example, I saw a Barilla Pasta Sauce offer for 75 cents back on 1 jar. There was no limit and I had some good coupons so I bought 2 and redeemed the offer twice! So I got $1.50 back from Snap and used $1.50 worth of coupons. So in the end my total was only 96 cents for 2 jars of Barilla Pasta Sauce!

One deal you might considering cashing in on is the $1.00 cash back on a gallon of milk (remember, from ANY store). This offer has a limit of 1 per person. 

Just make sure you keep track of what is available and snap your receipt right after you purchase something, because once the limit is reached the rebates will be gone. That does seem to be one drawback. With all the buzz about the app, offers seem to go rather quickly. So acting fast helps.

You can also get a referral bonus of $1 for every friend who signs up under your link and then redeems at least one offer. You can generate your unique invitation after you have signed up yourself.

This is my link. Please feel free to click it :)


This seems like a really great new app that will give the others a run for their money. Sign up here to try it out!

*Note: Receipts are supposed to be processed in 48 hours. Mine took about 4 days because this is so new and I the app got slammed when it was released. I have heard from other blogs that customer service is great, although I haven't had to use them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment